Thursday, September 15, 2011

My First Post


My very first post. I am still trying to figure everything out. I love reading other people's blogs and finally thought I should get my own started to share some of my work. I will add more stuff/pictures later once I figure out how I want to set everything up.

A little bit about me: I spend a lot of my free time cross-stitching and a little sewing on the side. I just finished curtains for my mom's kitchen and she loved them.  I also love to peruse cookbooks/dessert books to find new recipes. We have way too many cookbooks at our place, but we use most of them! I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease almost two years ago, and it took awhile to learn the ways of gluten free baking. Prior to my diagnosis, I was an avid bread baker and made the best homemade sandwich bread (I thought it was great and so did hubby-much better than the store-bought stuff). I don't miss flour at all now, but occasionally a blueberry cake doughnut would hit the spot. I enjoy gardening, and love to grow cherry tomatoes, Japanese eggplant, and jalapenos. My favorite cherry tomatoes are Sweet Baby Girl and Black Cherry. One day when we have a house, I will have a huge flower/vegetable garden. Although, I am not looking forward to all the insects.

My violas that I started from seeds that I collected in Spring 2010. I am glad they still germinated.





My most recent cross-stitch finish is Poppy by Nora Corbett on PTP fresco linen.

Poppy

Thanks for stopping by!
 
                       

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa,Loren and I really enjoyed reading the first post of your blog. You are so talented! and I would also say you are very ingenious. Someday you will have a large house with A room filled with your artwork. I just know you will!!
Marianne (That's me) shares your favorite T.V. program and I would imagine our best all time videos are the same. I am anxiously awaiting November 18 for the installment of the fourth book.
I cannot believe how fortunate we are all to have you in our family. It just goes to show that God has plans for all of us and it seems that our stars will cross.
It is funny that I find myself looking at gluten free magazines and products in the stores. WHen you come to visit in a couple of weeks we need to visit Sprouts.
Until then, Daughter-in-law, Keep loving my son- He is the light of our life as well as yours.
Marianne