Friday, September 16, 2011

Baking!

I went to Chicago in July for my bachelorette party. Jenny, now my sister-in-law, bought gluten free bread (I believe it is from Rose's bakery, but I'm not sure) that we were supposed to have with hamburgers. Well, we didn't eat the bread then, and I brought it home and put it in the freezer. Fast-forward to last weekend when we took it out to make french toast (turned out ok, could have been better). We didn't eat the whole loaf, so I decided to bake a bread pudding. Originally I wanted to make a pumpkin bread pudding, but I couldn't find any canned pumpkin! After checking my baking books, I decided to adapt Southern Living's Chocolate Biscuit Bread Pudding recipe. I added chocolate chips to the recipe and it turned out great. I can't wait to have more this weekend, especially now that the weather has cooled down some.





I found a picture (it's not the best) of the kitchen curtains I made for my parents. I thought they turned out well.





No comments: