Monday, November 28, 2011

Mediterranean Mermaid Start

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend (or great weekend)! My parents, hubby, and I drove from Alabama to Chicago and then on to Green Bay, WI for Thanksgiving dinner. While in Chicago last Wednesday, we had lunch at Wilde. They have great gluten free menu options, and my dad and I both loved their gluten free hamburger. It's a rare treat for us. On Thursday and Friday, we were in Green Bay and visited with my family. We also stopped at the Packer Pro Shop and picked up a few Green Bay things. On Saturday, Hubby and I had dinner with my sister-in-law and her hubby at Girl and the Goat. YUM! This restaurant also had great GF menu options. For dinner, we had scallops, ribs, chicken, goat carpaccio, confit goat belly, and a mushroom ragout (just to name a few). My sister-in-law had to make reservations back in August to get a table, and I can see why.

Well, enough of the food and onto stitching. I have made some progress on Mediterranean Mermaid, but not much since I have been out of town. I am stitching her vertically (head at the bottom, tail on top), and I started in the center. She looks like a blob of blues and greens with pretty metallic thread right now : )



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Great progress on your mermaid.

Joysze said...

Great start on Meddie, Melissa. She's looking so pretty already. Your Thanksgiving sounded fun and all that yummy food!! :D

Minnie said...

Good start and I love the blues and greens.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous colours :D