Sunday, July 21, 2013

IHSW July

I had a case of startitis this IHSW weekend :) But that is ok, because it is my reward for suffering through a bout of vertigo last week. I finally started to feel normal this weekend and what a relief - I can eat and move around. Poor hubby had to do all the chores and take care of Mandy, our smart, rambunctious dog.

I wanted something a bit simple to work on this weekend. The thought of working on the peacock in Lady Hera with all the color changes did not appeal to me in my vertigo state. So, I started Evening Primrose by Nora Corbett as the pattern has large block of colors. The fabric is Crystal Meditation lugana by Picture This Plus. While I really like this fabric, the weave is tight, and the holes are hard to see. Below is my progress on Evening Primrose. It is all white stitching so far, and it does not show up real well in the photo (look closely), but you can see the sparkly fabric.

Since I did not care to work with the fabric for Evening Primrose much, I started Little Miss Sunflower by Little House Needleworks. The fabric is Sage jobelan, and it is much easier to stitch with :) I am going to alternate between these two patterns so I don't get too annoyed with Evening Primrose.

Lastly, I finished up Farm Fresh by Country Cottage Needleworks a week or so ago. It was a fun, cute stitch. I am not sure what is up with the photo, but the bottom left corner seems a bit faded. The colors look better on the right side.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad to hear that the vertigo has subsided. It's never fun to have...the world gets all topsy turvy. I've tried the opalescent lugana from PTP and found it really difficult to work with as well. The holes are hard to see so it's good to take breaks from working on it. Great little LHN! She is cute with her sunflowers! Farm fresh is darling as well. Very summery!

Jennifer M. said...

Love your LHN and CCN stitching. They came out so cute! I look forward to seeing more progress of your Evening Primrose piece. The fabric is really pretty. I love sparkley fabrics. ;-)

Lesleyanne said...

Glad you are feeling better. Great new start. A lovely finish and great progress on Miss Sunflower.

Chris said...

So glad that you are feeling better! Congrats on the finish and the other lovely progress!

Pull the other thread said...

Glad you're feeling better. Everything looks amazing.

cucki said...

Glad you are feeling better...
sweet great new start. A lovely finish and great progress on Miss Sunflower...i love her..
big hugs x

Minnie said...

Your stitching is amazing and I share your pain with vertigo, it's terrible. Hope you feel better.

Emma/Itzy said...

Glad you are feeling better, lovely stitching! :) x

Jackie said...

Hope you are feeling better.
Love the stitched pieces. Nice!
Jackie

Southpaw Stitcher said...

The LHN and CCN pieces are so cute! Your lugana fabric looks very pretty. Glad you are feeling better!

Brigitte said...

So beautiful, the LHN and CCN pieces. They have such pretty motives.

Deb said...

Pretty patterns and work. Happy you feel better!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous stitching and I am so glad that you are feeling well enough to stitch again.
K