Monday, April 15, 2013

Strawberry House Finish

I was supposed to be working on Japanese Garden- the last crane, which is done over one. However, I had a huge mental block, and I didn't want to do it. Something about the over one stitching. Ugh! So, out came Strawberry House by Little House Needleworks. It was a cute and fast stitch.

Then I tried working on Japanese Garden again. Still no luck. This time I started Elizabeth by Mirabilia. A little back story about this new start. My nieces came to visit me last month for my birthday. My 8-year old niece saw the Nora Corbett pixies hanging on the wall and said she liked them. I was immensely pleased and promptly asked if she wanted me to stitch one for her. I showed her my stash of Nora Corbett and Mirabilia patterns, and she picked out Elizabeth.

After working on Elizabeth for a bit (I will post a progress pic when I have a little more done), I finally dragged Japanese Garden back out and finished the last crane with the help of Pride and Prejudice-I listened to the audiobook. I am so happy that last crane is done. It should be smooth sailing from here :)

This weekend I will be attending the Mirabilia Minion Retreat in South Carolina. It should be lots of fun, and hopefully I will get a lot of stitching done. I will be working on Elizabeth, and I am going to start Water Lily. Below is my shirt I ordered :)
Have a great week!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I just finished a couple of things and pulled out an old UFO...which is a 40ct stitch over 2 - but so tiny. I think that I am ready for something a little easier on my eyes. I have been drooling over the LHN Strawberry House for the longest time and so tempted to order it after seeing your finish. However, my stash pile is so high right now I will have to refrain and just enjoy your fine work!
Take care,
Lisa D

Julie said...

Lovely finish,nice touch with the buttons.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Fantastic.
I love Mirabilia Designs

Lesleyanne said...

Have a great time at the retreat. A gorgeous finish. Look forward to seeing your progress on Elizabeth.

cucki said...

sweet finish x

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching!!! Well done x

Chris said...

Strawberry House looks wonderful.
Have a great time at the retreat!

Joysze said...

Love the Strawberry House finish, Melissa. :D

Looking forward to hearing about the Mira Retreat!