Monday, December 12, 2011

Japanese Garden and Baking

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We visited my sister's family this weekend for my niece's birthday party. Wow, I didn't realize 5-seven year old girls could make so much noise. We had a good time visiting with my family though.

I didn't get much stitching done this weekend, but I did work on Japanese Garden during the week. I love the cherry blossoms. They are so cute! While stitching on the corner section, the silk thread kept catching on my fingers and pulling out of the needle. Quite annoying. I am going to make sure my hands are moisturized, and I clip any hang nails when the weather is dry like this before stitching. Anyway, here are some pics:


I also finished up LHN's Baking this week- a cute holiday pattern. I thought the Poinsettia flowers looked adorable in the corners. And then the slice of cake and pie...yum! It makes me hungry just looking at it : )
 
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Your finish is gorgeous. Great progress on your wip.

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous stitches, on both projects but especially on Japanese Garden! I love seeing progress on it.

Minnie said...

The Japanese Garden is lovely and baking is making me hungery too.

Joysze said...

Congrats on the LHN finish. It's so cute. :D

JG looks fabulous. I LOVE those cherry blossoms. :D

cucki said...

hello dear, its me cucki..ia m your new friend from south africa..
your stitching is so lovely..and well done on the lHN finish..it is so sweet.
sending you hugs cucki xx

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa, thank you for joining my blog, I found your lovely blog through you. Love the Japanese Gardens, really beautiful and the LHN Baking is gorgeous with its little ponsietta's in the corners. Looking forward to looking round your blog and seeing more of your wonderful work.

And This Little Pig said...

Oh Melissa, your Japanese Garden is divine, such beautiful stitching. Aren't LHN's wonderful :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Anne said...

Japanese Garden is looking amazing!! I too love those cherry blossoms! Don't you hate that when silk threads catch on your fingers?!! This dry weather drives me nuts! Love your baking piece! What linen are you using? It looks so smooth and beautiful!

Ewa said...

Lovely finish! And Japanese Garden is looking beautiful! I also hate it when the thread catches on my finger and pulls out of the needle. Drives me CRAZY!